How healthy is your food?
Eating a healthy, balanced diet is important to maintain good health, and a healthy weight yet 44% of adults in Kensington and Chelsea don't eat their recommended 5 a day. Choosing healthier foods is easier than you might think. There are lots of cheap and tasty ways you and your family can eat well every day. There are lots of small changes you and your family can make to the food and drink you consume to eat well, every day.
8 top tips for eating well:
- Base your meals on starchy foods
- Eat lots of fruit and veg
- Eat more fish – including a portion of oily fish each week
- Cut down on saturated fat and sugar
- Eat less salt – no more than 6g a day for adults
- Get active and be a healthy weight
- Don’t get thirsty
- Don’t skip breakfast
Leaner, Lower, Less!
- Choose leaner cuts of meat and poultry, remove any visible fat.
- Go for lower fat, salt and sugar products – especially dairy and starchy carbohydrate foods.
- Use less oils and spreads. Choose foods high in fat, salt and sugar less often